Wednesday, February 24, 2010

INSULIN PUMP HUMOR....

After looking at the instructions for my Medtronic MiniMed infusion sets, I came across some things that I found quite amusing. I hope you do too.



Warnings

"Remove the needle guard before inserting the infusion set." – Um, really? Maybe that’s why I…. never mind.

"The soft cannula must always be completely inserted to receive the full amount of medication." – So I can get a partial amount [dose] if it’s not inserted?

"If the infusion site becomes inflamed, replace the new set, and use a new site until the first site has healed." – Really, so I shouldn’t stick it directly back into the site where I just had a gusher?

"For Paradigm users, do not use the infusion set if the tubing connector needle had been damaged." – Don’t they know it’s a personal challenge to unbend the needle so as to not waste the set.

"If infusing insulin, carefully monitor your blood glucose levels when disconnecting and after reconnecting." – Um, what else am I going to infuse?