Monday, February 22, 2010

Find a pen pal with juvenile diabetes

http://kids.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=penpals.home

Below is a sample of kids looking for pen pals. The link is above.....please write to each other for support, and to have alot of fun!
A bulletin board full of pen pals with diabetes

Find a new friend who can relate.

Find by age: 4-6 7-9 10-12 13-15 16-18

More pen pals: Featured
Family & friends

Welcome to the JDRF Kids Online Pen Pals site, designed for kids with diabetes and their family and friends (ages 4-18). To send a message to a pen pal, click on the "Write to this Pen Pal!" link that appears in his or her profile box. You can also add yourself to the bulletin board by clicking on the "Add yourself" link above. Questions? E-mail us at penpals@jdrf.org.

Natalie, 10 - Kentucky

Hi, I would be very greatful to have a pen pal. I like to swim and sing. Though most of all I like playing with my pets. I have two dogs, one is black with white paws, her name is Polly. My other dog is different shades of brown all over. I lastly I have a rabbit and a guinea pig, my rabbits name is Cody and my guinea pigs name is Leroy. I also have a brother his name is Ethan and he is 7. My sister is 13 and her name is Lindsey. Thank you if you want to be my pen pal.

Posted: 2/16/2010
Write this Pen Pal!
Blake, 8 - Illinois

My name is Blake. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when I was 6 years old. My favorite sports are baseball and football. I have a Bernese Mountain dog named Frisco. Sometimes I just don't like my diabetes. Last summer I was on the 7 year old All Star baseball team, so I know I can do anything even though I have diabetes. I would love to hear from you and hear about your life with diabetes.

Posted: 2/15/2010
Write this Pen Pal!
Alissah, 13 - West Virginia

I'm Alissah. I go by Alissah, Liss, or Lissa. Ive had Type 1 Diabetes for almost 4 years. Since June 1, 2006. I love diabetes camp, I go every summer. I'd love to have more diabetic friends.

Posted: 2/14/2010
Write this Pen Pal!
Jasa, 7 - Idaho

My name is Jasa and I am 7 yrs. old. I just got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few days ago. It has been a challenge but I am being so brave! I like to play the wii, ds, sing, draw and play outside. I would love to talk to you soon!!!

Posted: 2/13/2010
Write this Pen Pal!

Molly, 17 - Texas

My name is Molly. I am 17 years old. I have had Diabetes for 15 years now. I have a Animas Ping insulin Pump for 5 years. I race motocross, play volleyball, and im very active in 4H. I don't let diabetes control me i control my diabetes. i try to stay positive. If any one wants someone to talk to please email me i would be happy to email back! :)

Posted: 2/13/2010
Write this Pen Pal!

Courtney, 17 - New Jersey

Hey! My name is Courtney and I was diagnosed with type one diabetes on December 9, 2000. I am currently using the Omni pod insulin management system. If you want to talk, message me, i'm open to talking to anyone! (:

Posted: 2/11/2010
Write this Pen Pal!
Alayna, 7 - Minnesota

I was diagnosed with diabetes in October 2009. I am in second grade, and I love to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and Magic Tree House books. My favorite color is light blue. I have a dog named Riley he is gold. I love Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez. I play soccer and t-ball and I like to sing.

Posted: 1/12/2010
Write this Pen Pal!

Bryson, 4 - Illinois

Hi i am Bryson and I am 4 years old. I was told that i have diabetes in November 2009. I don't like getting my fingers poked but my mommy has told me that it will help the doctor help me to feel better. I don't like the insulin shots either! i am getting use to some of the changes and i got to show all my friends at school what i have to do now that i have diabetes! Mommy and I have done a lot of research that has helped us understand it. and i get to wear a dog tag that says "I HAVE DIABETES" i have a big brother and a little sister and they watch me get all this done so i don't cry and i tell my sissy that it makes me better.

Write this Pen Pal!

About JDRF Privacy Policy Contact Us

©Copyright 2010 JDRF

Above is Tallia Emily , one of the faces of Juvenile Diabetes.