Saturday, September 11, 2010

sugabetic.com has high praise for tallygear

When my birthday came, Big E wanted to get me something that I either needed or something for my iPhone. At first, I thought about a Speck case, but then I remembered something…

The Tallygear Tummitote!!!

I found out about this belt by searching "pump holder". I was looking for something to hold my pump and CGM while I'm in Zumba class at the gym.

Being type 1 diabetic for almost 22 years and my recent determination for optimum control has now made me unaware of my lows, especially during workouts, and I have to have my CGM on at all times. Zumba isn't easy on clipped-on items, so I would be in the middle of a routine and the CGM or pump would go flying off. I eventually left the CGM on the floor with my stuff across the room from me leaving it out of range most of the time, and I would have to stop periodically to reclip the pump. It was becoming a hassle, not to mention I didn’t like the people looking at me and staring when they saw something come flying off that *gasp!* was attached!!! I mean, it’s one thing to drop a cell phone out of your pocket because people’s response would just be something like, “Who the heck keeps their cell phone clipped to them during exercise class???”, but to have a pump come unclipped? It’s more like, “WTF is that swinging from her??”

Big E ordered my belt and it arrived today. I took a picture (see above) as soon as I could because I was SO super excited! Yes, I know it doesn’t match my shirt, but who cares, right? I ended up wearing it the whole day. It really made trips to the bathroom easier because you don’t have to worry about snagging or pulling the tubing when you drop your pants to pee. Granted, men don’t have this issue, but us girls do. And, another great thing about it is that you free up your pants pockets! YEY!!

So, if you’re looking for a stylish way to carry your pump during your workouts or just day to day, I would look into getting a Tummitote. I’m going to order a couple more when I can – one in black and one in a more neutral color.

Tomorrow will be the ultimate test… ZUUMBAAAAAA!!!! I’ll write again and let you guys know how it goes.

A special “Thank you” to Donna Annese for making this for her daughter and turning this into a business for everyone to get one too!!! You can find them at www.tallygear.com and you can follow her on Twitter.

Sugabetic
4 Comments
Share Article

awesome. I laughed out loud at "WTF is swinging from her??" It always scares me when Camden's drops. I always expect it to come out, or hurt or something. He gets so annoyed at my gasps...


His first week at a new school he was in PE doing some sort of obstacle course and his pump fell off, tangled around his leg and tripped him. The kid next to him goes, "You have diabetes? So does my sister."

I keep buying different pump-holders hoping he'll wear them and like them with nothing passing his approval process yet. Maybe this one?

September 7, 2010
Emily B

YAY!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tummietote....and Zumba too for that matter :) I'm giving one away on my blog right now - you should enter :) Contest ends 9/9 at midnight!

September 7, 2010
Wendy

I am Tallygears BIGGEST FAN. My son Joe (7) has had type 1 since he was 3 years old. I have searched high and low for a pump pack that doesn't jiggle when Joe runs...and it has the added bonus of the clear plastic window that you can order for a CGM or to just see your pump or whatever. I hope you like it!

September 7, 2010
Reyna

I picked up a Tummitote at an ADA Expo last spring. It's great for when I go out running because it can hold my meter, lancet, strips, low stuff like small icing tubes and my pump! I just wish I had bought a fun pattern - I picked plain beige thinking it would blend in and be less noticeable. Which is true, but a bright one that matches my running cloths would be so fun. I just might have to pick up another one. :D

September 8, 2010
Karen



Post a New Comment