Saturday, June 26, 2010

Camp Auntie Deb started last week.....

What a week!... I thought working at the afterschool program I do during the school year with 10-15 kids a day for 3 hours was tough......I am telling you taking care of a child with juvenile diabetes for full days is tiring...I dont know how mt neice, Tallia, Deals with this disease 24 hours a day.....never mind her mother who is her pit crew 24/7/365......I think I lost some weight this week....I have to better prepare myself for next week.....
This is my plan.....
have all juice and snacks available at my fingertips....my husband works at home...so we have a small refrigerator in our shop and another one next door at my mothers house.....i will go to the local fruit stand at the beginning of the week and have all green veggies cut and washed for that day.....all in seperate ziploc baggies...ready to go.....along with ranch dressing for dipping....:).... my other neice Kat is also going to be spending time here this summer, she is non-diabetic, but lets see if we can get her to eat as healthy as her counterpart cousin this summer....maybe we will all learn a healthy thing or two this summer from Tally.